Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally, the beginning

Ok, it is October 1st. Since it is the 1st, it is a good time to start blogging, no? I am not a buy-and-hold investor and I am not a day trader. I am speculator. I ride the wave on the way up, I short it on the way down. I have some restrictions at work - if I buy a stock, I can't sell for a month. However, I can day-trade ETFs. So my strategy has to be picking right on stocks over a period of 1-3 months or more and picking right on where the indexes and ETFs are gonna go in the very short term.

So...

I bought CRM a month ago even though I have high trepidations about their 200 PE ratio. But they keep going up. They have slid since the earning surprise, but if they have another one, they may jump another 10-20%. Still they are making me nervous, I can't hedge since it is 115$ per share so I can't buy 100 shares (it's like 11K)

However, SWC is doing GREAT. They had a 3 month low of 11.20 and now they are at 17. That's like 50% gain in 3 months. Not bad in THIS market. And it has been steady, since they are a top palladium producer and palladium is just getting started. I think I want to move the money from CRM to SWC when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment